Washburn Tech Info
Students will earn dual credit for all courses taken at Washburn Tech while a high school student. The tuition for all programs at Washburn Tech is free to students while they are in high school. Transportation to and from campus is provided by the school. However, students are responsible for fees, books, uniforms, and tools.
Current Washburn Tech Programs: Advanced Systems Technology, Certified Logistics Technician, Certified Production Technician, Machine Tool Technology, Welding, Business Bookkeeping and Accounting, Legal Office Professional, Medical Office Specialist, Office Careers Technology, Computer Repair, Computer Networking, Building Technology, Cabinet & Millwork, Climate and Energy Control Technologies, Electrical Technology, Graphics Technology, Technical Drafting, Advanced Health Care Technology, Certified Medication Aide, Emergency Medical Technician, Home Health Aide, Phlebotomy, Cosmetology, Early Childhood Professional, Culinary Arts, Emergency Communications, Auto Collision, Commercial Truck Driving, Heavy Diesel Construction Technology, Automotive Service Technician, Diesel Technology, Locomotive Diesel Technology.
1. Apply online at www.washburntech.edu.
2. Have the school send your transcript to Washburn Tech.
3. Sign up to take the entrance exam either at OCHS or at Washburn Tech.
4. Pay a $20 deposit to hold your spot in the class.
5. Attend orientation in August / January before you begin classes.
Jones Fund Reimbursement Program:
The Jones Education Foundation will reimburse OCHS students up to $250 each semester for out of pocket expenses paid by 9/15 and 1/15 each semester. Students will not be reimbursed the full $250 unless they have paid at least that much to Washburn Tech.
Payment: Approximate out-of-pocket cost to student as of 1/29/2020
- Advanced Systems Technology 1st semester $363 / 2nd semester $297 / 3rd semester $297 / 4th semester $297
- Machine Tool Technology 1st semester $368 / 2nd semester $302 / 3rd semester $302 / 4th semester $494
- Welding (2 year program) 1st semester $527 / 2nd semester $362 / 3rd semester $377 / 4th semester $417
- Fast Track Welding (1 year program) 1st semester $682 / 2nd semester $602
- Business Bookkeeping and Accounting 1st semester $272 / 2nd semester $252 / 3rd semester $252 / 4th semester $352
- Legal Office Professional 1st semster $272 / 2nd semester $252 /3rd semester $252 / 4th semester $299
- Medical Office Assistant 1st semester $272 / 2nd semester $288
- Office Careers Technology 1st semester $308 / 2nd semester $252
- Information Systems Technology 1st semester $312 / 2nd semester $307 / 3rd semester $262 / 4th semester $274
- Building Technology 1st semester $373 / 2nd semester $323
- Cabinet & Millwork 1st semester $463 / 2nd semester $414/ 3rd semester $342 / 4th semester $392
- Graphics Technology 1st semester $302 / 2nd semester $252 / 3rd semester $497 / 4th semester $252
- Technical Drafting 1st semester $272 / 2nd semester $317 / 3rd semester $264 / 4th semester $252
- Health Care Technology 1st semester $397 / 2nd semester $358
- Climate and Energy Control Technologies 1st semester $1285 / 2nd semester $452 / 3rd semester $1398 / 4th semester $386
- Electrical Technology 1st semester $722 / 2nd semester $500
- Cosmetology 1st semester $663 / 2nd semester $548 / 3rd semester $563 / 4th semester $548
- Early Childhood Professional 1st semester $395 / 2nd semester $252
- Culinary Arts 1st semester $522 / 2nd semester $282 / 3rd semester $288 / 4th semester $284
- Auto Collision 1st semester $862 / 2nd semester $509 / 3rd semester $509 / 4th semester $524
- Heavy Diesel Technology 1st semester $618 / 2nd semester $467 / 3rd semester $422 / 4th semester $497
- Auto Service Technician 1st semester $458 / 2nd semester $392 / 3rd semester $422 / 4th semester $455
- Diesel Technology 1st semester $618 / 2nd semester $434 / 3rd semester $422 / 4th semester $488
- Locomotive Diesel Technology 1st semester $442 / 2nd semester $1394
- Emergency Medical Technician 1st semester $971
- Emergency Communications 1st semester $337 2nd semester $172